Handling specialist logistics, or any form of logistics can be real tough. One reason is because players on the field are always competing with each other, and their online presences are no different. As such, launching a good website is key for companies looking to get a competitive advantage by showing off their brand.
What’s the best way to create a successful site? There are some things that should always be considered when designing a site for a specialist logistics company, and we’ve listed some of them down for you.
- The first impression is key, so the web design should put the company, whether they handle specialist logistics or medical logistics, in the best light possible. This can be done by including information on its services, awards and certificates, and what advantages they give clients.
- Deliver content in a clear, concise manner, without any unnecessary details.
- Show how the company handles problems and tasks to meet customer orders.
- Show, don’t tell; visitors should see the people behind the company.
- Include statistics and evidence to back up the company’s claims.
- Have online systems that let your customers track their shipments.
- Give them the costs up front.
- Clearly indicate the pros of using it.
- Employ reviews; let customers say how they felt about the service with either feedback or reviews.
- Grant carriers and freight forwarders a chance to create their own profile, which has details on their services, the fleet on the staff, cases, pricing, etc.
- The site should always have relevant data; advise the company to blog, which will let them share info, news and unique findings, which will help the company establish its credibility.
- Demonstrate via the site that the owners deserve attention.
- Illustrate advantages with positive customer reviews, accurate info on services, etc.
- Case studies and fleet photos greatly help in earning trust.
- Don’t overdo it, and use images and graphs whenever appropriate.
Other things of note:
- Keep page loading time as short as possible.
- With mobile as popular as it is, mobile-friendliness in the site’s design is a must.
- Make sure the aesthetics are consistent.
- Keep in mind users that aren’t exactly tech-savvy.
- Have ways to share in social media.
- Make links stand out.
- Make sure that the search box is always easy to spot.